The Dave Goldberg Scholarship was created in 2017 to support excellence in students and to provide the opportunity to excel. It is an annual scholarship for KIPP graduate to encourage and empower a new generation of diverse leaders.
We’re thrilled to announce that out of 15 students across the nation receiving the the prestigious 2019 Dave Goldberg Scholarship, 5 are KIPP Bay Area seniors! We are so grateful to the Sheryl Sandberg and Dave Goldberg Family Foundation for this incredible scholarship opportunity.
KIPP graduates were selected based on the qualities Dave Goldberg exemplified throughout his life and work, including:
- Independent Thinking / Entrepreneurial Spirit: Self-confidence to develop a point of view and challenge conventional wisdom; expressed interest in changing the status quo
- Character: Strong personal character, kindness, and generosity
- Resilience: Perseverance in the face of challenges
- Leadership: Desire to lead and evidence of leadership skills
- Achievement: A record of academic achievement – GPA of 3.0 or higher
Congratulations to Savana Bradford (KIPP SF College Prep), Zhi Jian Liang (KIPP King), Marilyn Nguyen (KIPP San Jose Collegiate), Vanessa Alvarez Reyes (KIPP San Jose Collegiate), and Alexia Umanzor (KIPP SF College Prep) who will attend Duke, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, and UC San Diego this fall! Read all about the awardees here!